Example 3: Publishing a Report to E-mail
Before you can e-mail the report results, an e-mail server must have been predefined by the administrator.
In this example, you will learn how to set up a task to publish the report result to e-mail.
- On the Logi JReport Console > Resources page, select the report row, right-click in the row and select Schedule from the shortcut menu to display the Schedule dialog.
- In the General tab, specify the general report settings.
- In the Parameter tab, specify the parameter values as required if the report has parameters.
- In the Publish tab, select the To E-mail sub tab, then from the Mail To list, select to whom the report result will be sent. If required, select the Edit button to edit the specified e-mail.
If you want to create another e-mail, select the New button, then fill in every field, select the format in which you want to export the report result and set the settings according to your requirements. When you choose to specify a report result as an attachment to e-mail, you need to specify a file name for the attachment. You can apply dynamic names for the result if necessary.
- In the Conditions tab, select the Time sub tab, define the time zone from the Time Zone drop-down list, then from the Time Type drop-down list, choose Run this task immediately.
- If you want to notify someone of when the task is finished by sending an e-mail, go to the Notification tab and set the settings.
- If you want to specify a timeout for the task, specify the settings in the Duration tab as required.
- Select Finish to have the task performed.
Then, select My Tasks on the system toolbar. When the task is being performed, you can see a record of it in the Running table and on completion it will be put into the Completed table.