Example 4: Publishing a Report to Printer
In this example, you will learn how to set up a task to publish the report result to a printer.
- On the Logi JReport Console > Resources page, select the report row, right-click in the row and select Schedule from the shortcut menu to display the Schedule dialog.
- In the General tab, specify the general report settings.
- In the Parameter tab, specify the parameter values as required if the report has parameters.
- In the Publish tab,
- Select the To Printer sub tab and then check Publish to Printer.
- Select a JDK print method for the report result in the Select Print Method field.
- Type a name with the path of the printer in the Printer field.
- Specify other options according to your requirements.
- In the Conditions tab, select the Time sub tab, define the time zone from the Time Zone drop-down list, then from the Time Type drop-down list of the Time tab, choose Run this task immediately.
- If you want to notify someone of when the task is finished by sending an e-mail, go to the Notification tab and set the settings.
- If you want to specify a timeout for the task, specify the settings in the Duration tab as required.
- Select Finish to have the task performed.
Then, select My Tasks on the system toolbar. When the task is being performed, you can see a record of it in the Running table and on completion it will be put into the Completed table.
Note: When there is no printer connected with Logi JReport Server, and you schedule to publish a report to a printer, the server may crash or throw an exception.