Changing Resource Properties
You can edit the properties of any resource (including folder in the server resource tree), such as its node name, description, archive policy, user permissions and so on. To do this:
- For administrators, on the Logi JReport Administration > Resources page, browse to the row that the resource is in and select the Properties button in the Control column. In the corresponding properties dialog, change the settings as required.
- End users can edit the properties of one or more resources at a time on the Logi JReport Console > Resources page.
To edit the properties of a single resource:
- Browse to the folder where the resource is located.
- Select the resource row and then do any of the following:
- Put the mouse pointer over the resource row and select the Properties button on its floating toolbar.
- Right-select in the resource row and select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Select Tools > Properties on the task bar.
- In the displayed properties dialog, change the property settings and specify the permissions of different principals on the resource if available.
To edit the properties of multiple resources at one time:
- Browse to the folder where the resources are located.
- Check the checkboxes ahead of the required resources. To select all the resources, check the top checkbox.
- Select Tools > Properties on the task bar or right-click in any selected resource row and select Properties from the shortcut menu. The Multiple Type Properties dialog is displayed.
- In the General tab, edit the description, status, linked catalog and version archive policy for the resources. Settings for description and archive policy apply to all the selected resources, while the status setting works on report resources and linked catalog on report, library component and folder resources only.
- If the resources are in the Public Reports or Public Components folder, the Permission tab is available. Specify the permissions of different principals on the resources.
- Select OK to accept the changes.
See also the following documents for details about the property settings:
- Analysis Properties dialog
- Catalog Properties dialog
- Dashboard Properties dialog
- Folder Properties dialog
- Library Component Properties dialog
- Report Properties dialog
- Result Properties dialog