Formatting the Gridlines
This topic introduces how to customize the gridlines of a chart. Note that pie, indicator, heat map and organization charts do not have gridlines.
- Right-click any chart element and select the desired entry from the Format Gridlines submenu to bring up the corresponding format gridline dialog.
- Specify the line color, style, transparency, and thickness of the gridline (to change the color, select the color indicator and select a color from the color palette, or type the hexadecimal value of a color in the text box).
- Select OK to accept the changes and close the dialog.
The following topics provide more information about options in each dialog:
- Format Category (X) Gridline
- Format Value (Y) Gridline
- Format Value (Y2) Gridline
- Format Series (Z) Gridline