Insert HTML into Reports
The following topics discuss the elements available to insert HTML:
- Using the HTML Tag Element
- Using the Include HTML Element
- Using the Include HTML File Element
- Using the Meta Names Element
- Using the Label Element with HTML Format
- Using the Label Element's HTML Tag Attribute
- Invalid XHTML Characters
About Inserting HTML
The "source code" of a Logi definition is an XML document, which is processed by the Logi Server Engine, and output as HTML. However, you may want to insert your own HTML code directly into a Logi report. There are many reasons for wanting to do this, including adding <META> information, adding <SCRIPT> content, and embedding external HTML documents into your report page.
For example, the topic you're reading right now is actually a separate, external HTML file that has been embedded into the DevNet site page.
HTML that's included into a Logi definition must be have properly-formed tag structures, and include all closing tags. For example,
- <p><strong>My Title</strong></p>