Accessing Logi Report Server via a Web Browser
Logi Report Server is accessible through a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome. The Logi Report Server console provides a unified UI for normal users and administrators (users who have the "administrators" role, also referred to as admin users) to access and manage server resources depending on authorization. Normal users can perform report related tasks such as running and creating reports and dashboards, starting visual analysis, customizing their own server preferences, and so on. Administrators can perform administrative tasks such as managing security and databases, configuring the server, setting up cluster, and so on.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- Logging onto the Server Console Locally
- Logging onto the Server Console by URL
- Additional Login Channel for Admin Users
- Searching for Resources in the Server Console
- Logging off Logi Report Server
Logging onto the Server Console Locally
To access the Logi Report Server console from the same machine on which Logi Report Server is installed, take the following steps:
- After Logi Report Server is started, a welcome page is automatically displayed in your default web browser, prompting you to provide your user name and password as assigned by your administrator. When the server is Organization enabled and your user account belongs to an organization, you need to also specify the correct organization name. The default organization name System means that the login user does not belong to any organizations. Select Remember Me if you want the server to remember your login information.
Note: The user name can be case sensitive or not, depending on the setting of the Case-Sensitive Login User Name option in the server profile. Only administrators can specify the option.
- Select LOGIN, the Logi Report Server console home page is displayed which can be the Start Page, the Console page, or a dashboard depending on the Home Page setting in the server profile.
The Start Page is the default home page of the Logi Report Server console. It provides quick entries to some key functions. Choose a topic to start your work on the server.
Option Description How To Feature Guide Displays the guide about Logi Report's main features. Demo Displays dashboards and reports demos. Tutorial Displays the Logi Report Tutorial guide. Create Dashboard Creates a dashboard. Web Report Creates a web report. Page Report Creates a page report. Open My Folder Opens the My Reports folder in the Logi Report Server console. Public Folder Opens the Public Reports folder in the Logi Report Server console. Manage My Profile Opens the server console > My Profile > Customize Server Preferences page for configuring the server profile settings of your own. Schedule Schedules a task to run a report. Administration Opens the server console > Administration > Configuration > Advanced page for managing the server advanced resources. Available to administrators only. Others User name Shows the name of the current login user. Logs out the server. User's Guide Displays the Logi Report Server Guide. Logi Report Home Page Goes to the Logi Analytics home page. Contact Support Goes to the Logi Analytics support portal. Do not show this page at start up If the option is selected, the Logi Report Server console home page will be changed from the Start Page to the server console when the server starts next time. You can display the Start Page by selecting the Start Page icon on the system toolbar of the server console.
Logging onto the Server Console by URL
Sometimes you may have closed the Start Page or server console while the local server remains started, or you are accessing the server console from a remote computer, you can access it by URL as follows:
- Open a web browser and set the URL to
http://IP_or_HostName_or_DomainName:port(by default the port for accessing the server console is 8888).
If you don't know the IP address of the machine on which the server runs, and it is the same machine where you are going to log in, you can use localhost instead of the IP address. You can also open a console window such as telnet on the server machine and type hostname to get the name of the host.
- In the welcome page, type your user name and password as assigned by your administrator.
- Select LOGIN and the Logi Report Server console home page is displayed.
Additional Login Channel for Admin Users
Logi Report Server provides a special channel that automatically creates an extra user session for management purposes if the license limit of the maximum number of concurrent users has been reached. The extra user session cannot be used to run reports or submit schedules. It can only be used by admin users for performing management operations. If your Logi Report Server license has a bounded limit to the maximum number of concurrent users, this feature will take effect.
Only one extra valid user session can be created and used within this special channel at any time. If an extra user session has already been created and is still valid, your request for login will be prompted with a confirmation page asking you whether or not to close the existing extra user session. Only when the existing user session is closed can Logi Report Server start a new user session for you to perform management operations. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to log onto Logi Report Server.
Searching for Resources in the Server Console
In the Logi Report Server user console, you can make use of the Global Search feature to search for the resources and options you need. You can perform global search anywhere in the server console to search among all of the following:
- Report resources such as reports, catalogs, dashboards, library components and folders in the server resource tree
- Scheduled and background tasks
- Options in the My Profile > Customize Server Preferences and Customize Profile pages (excluding the Features sub tab in the Page Report Studio/Web Report Studio/JDashboard tab)
- Users, groups, roles, and organizations in the Administration > Security page that is available to administrators only
To use global search, select the Global Search button on the system toolbar and Report Server displays the following search page.
In the search box, type the text you want to search for and the resources containing the matched text will be listed (for the My Profile page the options whose key values contain the matched text are listed). In the search result list, select an option and the page where the option is will be displayed with the matched text highlighted. When there are more than 10 results, you can select the More link at the end to show all the other results. To cancel the search operation, clear the text in the search box or select .
Logging off Logi Report Server
To log out from the Logi Report Server Start Page, select the button at the upper right corner.
To log out from the Logi Report Server console, point at the user name at the upper right corner and select Logout from the drop-down menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.