Track 3: Creating and Analyzing Ad Hoc Reports
Logi JReport features a powerful ad hoc reporting capability, which allows end users and business analysts to create and manipulate ad hoc reports in the Logi JReport Server-powered runtime environment.
There are two types of ad hoc reports in Logi JReport, Web Report and Page Report. Both are created from a business view in a catalog. Business views have the capability of providing multiple hierarchies allowing for automatic drill down and drill up for detailed analysis and slicing and dicing data which is especially powerful using a crosstab component.
Web Report Studio provides the user a very high quality web view of the report with component level navigation commands. It has two ways for creating and working with web reports: standard way and quick start way.
- In the standard way, reports are created using the Web Report Wizard which allows creating complex reports with multiple components in a tabular style layout, and also allows for company logo and titles to be placed on the top of the page for more formal presentation. Using Web Report Wizard the user can easily in a single pass create a multi-component web report, for example, a single pass through the wizard can create a tabular style report with a chart and crosstab followed by the detail information in a table.
- In the quick start way, a table report is created quickly based on the data fields you select in a business view.
Go through the following lessons to learn about the report types:
- Lesson 1: Creating a Web Report the Quick Start Way
- Lesson 2: Creating a Web Report Using Wizard
- Lesson 3: Creating and Performing Data Analysis on Page Reports
Note: A Logi JReport Live license for Logi JReport Server is required in order to perform this track. If you do not have the license, please contact your Jinfonet Software account manager to obtain one first.
Select the right arrow () below to begin reading this track.