Object Property Reference
Keep in mind the following while browsing each object for its properties:
- You start off from a table listing all the properties for an object and what you can achieve with each property.
- Designer uses some properties for showing related information only and you cannot edit them.
- You can use formula or expression to control the value of some properties. When you select a formula to control a property, Designer displays the name of the formula prefixed by the "@" symbol as its value. Furthermore, some properties must be known by Logi Report Engine before a page break, so that it can lay out the object correctly. In a formula or expression, the special field "PageNumber" is the switch for setting the page break calculation time. If a formula or expression uses "PageNumber", the calculation time is after the page break; otherwise, the calculation time is before the page break. For most properties, you can control their values by formula or expression at any time without concerning about the page break.
- The same property for different objects usually means the same thing, unless otherwise stated.
- Designer determines the unit of the measurement properties like Width, Height, Thickness, and so on, by the Units setting in the Options dialog box, which can either be inch or centimeter.
You can use the search box to easily locate the desired property of an object (to display the search box, select the Search icon at the upper right corner of the Properties sheet). Designer closes the search box when you select another object.
- Text box
Type the text you want to search for in the text box and Designer lists the properties containing the matched text.
- Delete icon
Select to clear the text in the text box.
- Drop-down icon
Select to list more search options.
- Highlight All
Select to highlight all matched text.
- Match Case
Select to search for text that meets the case of the typed text.
- Match Whole Word
Select to search for text that looks the same as the typed text.
- Include Subnode
Designer displays this option only for the search box in the Report Inspector. Select it if you want to perform the property searching within the property list of the selected object and those of its child objects.
- Highlight All
- Text box
When you hover the mouse on any property, Designer displays a tip showing a brief description about the property. You can select the Question Mark on the tip to view more information about the property or select Close to close the tip. If you do not want to display the property tips, clear Show tips in the General category of the Options dialog box.