Working with Queries
Queries are a higher-level object in a catalog which you can use as the data resources for creating page reports in Designer. You can use queries to build various professional reports, and view, change, and analyze data in different ways. This topic presents a general introduction to queries, and introduces how you can create queries in a catalog and use the query-related features.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- General Introduction to Queries
- Creating Queries in a Catalog
- Using Pre-joins in Queries
- Working with Union Queries
- Locking Queries
- Applying the Filter of a Query to Multiple Queries
- Managing the Data Retrieval of Queries
- Working with Cached Query Results
- Using Query Modifiers
- Applying Dynamic Queries
See an example: The SampleComponents catalog, included with Designer, contains reports that have examples of how you can use queries in a report. For the query example, open
Please sign in to leave a comment.