Logi Support will inform you when a patch is available to fix a product bug/issue. There are two scenarios: Logi Report Server as stand-alone or embedded into a J2EE server. Follow the steps outlined below to apply the patch for the scenario that matches your installation type.
- Save the patch onto the same machine where Logi Report Server is running.
- Edit the startup script of Logi Report Server to include the patch with its full path as the very first item in the classpath. Example:
3. If the patch also contains "public_html" folder, please also extract it to %installroot_LogiReportServer%\public_html folder to overwrite the current files.
4. Restart Logi Report Server.
- Create a folder named "classes" under /ContextRoot<war_filename>/WEB-INF folder (please make sure the "classes" folder is a sibling to the "lib" folder).
- Extract the patch JIP_S_xx_xx_xxxxxxxx.jar.
- Copy all the folders excluding the "public_html" folder from the extracted folder into the "classes" folder.
- Back up the files/folders located in /ContextRoot, and then copy the folders and files under /public_html into /ContextRoot. Overwrite any files and folders that already exist.
- Clear the cache under your web application server.
- Clear the browser cache before attempting to run a report.
To verify whether the patch has been successfully applied, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the LogConfig.properties under %installroot_LogiReportServer%\bin folder or %reporthome_LogiReportServer%\bin folder, and set the event logging level to "TRIVIAL": logger.Event.level = TRIVIAL.
2. Restart JReport Server, and then check the event.log after a restart. If you see the following message in the log, then the patch has been installed correctly: The patch JIP_S_xxxxxxxxxx.jar has been installed successfully!
Please sign in to leave a comment.