Configuring Logi Report Server v17
Once Logi Report Server has been installed and you have prepared the reporting environment, you can then start it. However, you may find that Logi Report's default port number conflicts with an existing one in your computer, or that you need to generate log files for analyzing a problem. Even more important, you need to change the server DBMS from the default Derby database that cannot be used in production environment. In these cases, you will need to configure your server. Before or while running the server, you can configure it according to your requirements. You can also carry out performance tuning to make Logi Report Server efficient, reliable, and fast.
The configuration work can be performed in two ways: via the Logi Report Server UI or via configuration files. Some server UI options and properties in the configuration files are mapped and both function the same way. For these types of settings, you can take either way to do the configuration.
The server.properties file in
<install_root>\bin provides comprehensive configuration properties. You can also edit the file to suit your requirements. For details about the properties, see Appendix 2: Configuring Logi Report Server Using Properties in server.properties.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- Configuring the Server Database
- Configuring the Server Service
- Configuring Connections
- Configuring Connection Pool
- Configuring Logs
- Configuring Export Settings
- Configuring the E-mail Server
- Configuring Advanced Server Settings
- Configuring Cache
- Configuring Server Profile
- Configuring Proxy for Connecting to a REST Web Service
- Updating the Server License
- Changing the Server Context Path
- Tuning Server Performance