Installing by Deploying a WAR File
The topic introduces how to install Logi JReport Server by building a WAR File on Windows and then deploy it to Linux/Unix. There are user cases when they need to install Logi JReport Server into application servers in the cloud and may not even own a machine of the type the application servers are installing to. For example you use Tomcat on Unix in a cloud environment but only have Windows machines available locally. You can then install Logi JReport Server on Windows, make a war file and deploy it to the Java application server on Unix.
- Install Logi JReport Server on the local Windows machine.
- Create a WAR via the following command line while specifying the reporthome. The reporthome uses the path on Unix on the target machine.
- Add any JDBC drivers that are required into the
- Visit your application server from the local machine using a browser, for example, for Tomcat the local machine URL is
http://<hostname>:8080/(8080 is the default port of Tomcat), and deploy the WAR using your application server user interface.
- Log onto the Logi JReport Server console by the URL
http://<hostname>:8080/jreport(assuming the war file is jreport.war) as an administrator to configure the server database.
- Restart Logi JReport Server and access the server console to see if you can run the reports.
Please sign in to leave a comment.