A label is an object containing a sting, which is typically a brief description used to identify a field or other value nearby.
Labels in a report can be used as the trigger object of links, and you can change their display types if you want.
This topic includes the following sections:
See an example: The SampleComponents catalog, included with Logi Report Designer, contains reports that have examples of how each component type could be used in a report. For the label component example, open
Inserting Labels in a Report
Labels can be inserted in the report areas listed in Component Placement.
To insert a label in a report:
- Drag the Label button from the Components panel to the desired report destination.
- Select Insert > Label or Home > Insert > Label, then select the mouse button in the location where you want the label to be displayed.
A label with the default text "Label" is inserted. You can then edit the text of a label as follow:
- To edit the full text of a label, double-click the label to select the text, then type the replacement text.
- To edit a portion of a label's text, double-click the label, then select in the label and drag to select the portion, after that, type the replacement text.
You can also modify a label's text by using the Text property value in the Report Inspector.
Note: You cannot use drag and drop or the Insert menu to insert labels into charts. For details about chart labels, see the chart topic Formatting the Labels.
Formatting the Labels in a Report
You can format the label text with the Format menu tab of the Logi Report Designer main window, for example, you can change the font size, color, and alignment of the text.
To format a label, first select the label, and then perform any of the following tasks:
- To change the alignment of a label, select the required alignment button: Justify, Left, Center or Right. The text in the label will then be aligned according to your selection.
- To change the font face, select the Font Face Box and then select the required font from the drop-down list. The fonts introduced with * are True Type Fonts. For more information, see True Type Fonts.
- To change the font size, select the Font Size Box and then select the required size from the drop-down list (or type the required value in the text box and then press Enter).
- To change the font style, select the corresponding font style buttons on the Format tab: Bold, Italic and Underline.
- To change the background color of the label, select the Background Color button ; to change the foreground color of the label text, select the Foreground Color button .
Please sign in to leave a comment.