Formatting the Radar Chart
To format a radar chart, follow the steps below:
- Right-click any line which connects two value nodes in the radar chart, and then select Format Radar from the shortcut menu to bring up the Format Radar dialog.
- In the General tab, specify the general settings of the radar chart.
Set whether or not to show the category name in the radar chart, whether or not to fill the areas formed by value nodes of a same data series in the radar chart, and if to fill, the transparency of the fill. For the lines connecting value nodes, you can set the thickness, the node style, and the node width and height. For the numeric axes, you can set the style for their arrows in the Arrow Style box.
- In the Fill tab, set the fill mode for the selected radar areas in the same data series, and the fill mode will also apply to its value node. Specify the color and the transparency of the color schema to fill the selected radar areas in the same data series (to change the color, select the color image and select a color from the color palette or input the hexadecimal value of a color directly in the text box). You can also select the Color List button to specify the color pattern for radar areas in the same data series respectively in the Color List dialog.
- In the Border tab, set the border mode for the radar, including the border style, color, transparency, line style, thickness, end caps style, and line joint mode. You can also specify whether the border is to be outlined, and whether or not to automatically resize the border dashes if the border is drawn with dashes.
- In the Data Label tab, specify whether or not to show static data labels for every value node, and if to show, the position of the label related to the node. In the Font and Effects boxes, set the font formats and effects of the data labels.
- When done, select OK to apply the settings and close the dialog.