Formatting the Gridlines
The gridlines of a chart can be customized (pie, indicator, heat map and organization charts do not have gridlines). To do this:
- Right-click any chart element and select the desired entry from the Format Gridlines submenu to bring up the corresponding Format Gridline dialog.
- Specify the line color, style, transparency, and thickness of the gridline (to change the color, select the color image and select a color from the color palette or input the hexadecimal value of a color directly in the text box).
- When done, select OK to accept the settings and close the dialog.
See also the following topics for detailed explanation about options in each dialog:
- Format Category (X) Gridline dialog
- Format Value (Y) Gridline dialog
- Format Value (Y2) Gridline dialog
- Format Series (Z) Gridline dialog