New columns are added at the right side of the table but can be relocated by dragging them. Here's how to use this feature:
- Help constructing a formula is available via the Formula Help button.
- Enter the Name for the column that will be added to the table.
- Insert column names, functions, and operators into the Formula box by selecting them here.
- And/or enter the formula by typing it into the Formula box. Column names should be enclosed within square brackets [ ] and typical math operator symbols, such as + - * / should be used. You can always edit or delete anything in this space and you can enter formulas that don't contain data columns.
- Specify the Data Type for the new column.
- Specify a Display Format. Formatting options include numeric and date formats. Click Add to create the new column and refresh the table.
- As Formula Columns are created, they're added to the Formula Columns list. Use the adjacent Replace and Remove buttons to manage the list. Columns that have been added are now included in the list of available columns (3) for use in other formulae.
To prevent creation of unmanageable tables, numeric type Formula columns are not available for use in a Crosstab Table as the Header Values Column or the Label Values Column.
When done, click the Formula tab or button to hide the panel.