Installing by Building a WAR File on Windows to Deploy to Linux/Unix
There are user cases when they need to install Logi JReport Server into application servers in the cloud and may not even own a machine of the type they are installing to. For example you use Tomcat on Linux in a cloud environment but only have Windows machines available locally. You can then install Logi JReport Server on Windows, make a war file and then deploy it to the Java application server on Linux.
- Install Logi JReport Server on the local Windows machine.
- Create a WAR via the following command line while specifying a report home. The report home uses the path on Linux on the target machine.
- Add any JDBC drivers that are required into the
- Visit your application server from the local machine using a browser. For example, for Tomcat the local machine URL is
http://<host>:8080/, deploy the WAR using your application server user interface. 8080 is the default port of Tomcat.
- Log onto Logi JReport Server Administration console by the URL
http://<host>:8080/Logi JReport/admin, (assuming the war file is Logi JReport.war and you are using Tomcat) go to the Data tab on the system toolbar, configure the server database for System DB/realm DB/Profiling DB. It shouldn't be Derby.
- Restart Logi JReport Server and access
http://<host>:8080/Logi JReportto see if you can run reports.