The Data panel is an integrated interface for managing the resources that are used in the current report (to display it, check Data on the Home or View menu tab). The panel consists of a toolbar, a dataset drop-down list, and a field panel as shown below:
The toolbar contains the following buttons:
This button varies with the view you select. It is only enabled for page reports. It provides a shortcut menu for you to switch among the view modes (Query View, Dataset View, and Dataset List View). The Query View mode lists all available resources for the current selected component in a report. The Dataset View mode also lists all these resources, however with a checkbox on the left of each resource for you to select (for a dataset coming from a hierarchical data source, there are no checkboxes). The Dataset List View mode lists just the resources you are using in the current component of the report.
- Dataset Filter
Opens the Dataset Filter dialog to add or modify a dataset filter. Available only for page reports.
- Search Resource
Searches for the required resource in the Data panel.
This button is for editing the selected object if it is a query, formula, summary or parameter.
Opens the Properties dialog of the selected object. You can edit the properties as desired.
- Link with Editor
This button is enabled for page reports only. If it is selected, the Dataset drop-down list will show the dataset bound to the currently selected object; or else the drop-down list will always show the dataset you have selected from the drop-down list, until you select another one.
Dataset drop-down list
This drop-down list is available for page reports only. It lists all the datasets used in the current report. The first item <Choose Data from...> provides access to creating a dataset.
This panel lists all available resources for the current report in a tree structure. The DBFields, formulas, summaries, and parameters in this panel respond to right-clicking events, and thus provide you with shortcuts for editing them in the same way as you would do in the Catalog Manager data resource tree.
The Data panel provides you with a search function which enables you to search resources in the leaf node of the resource tree.
- Select on the Data toolbar to display the Search dialog.
- Provide a search condition in the Search Expression text box. Use "*" to stand for any string, and use "?" to stand for any character.
- Select the Case Sensitive checkbox if you want Logi JReport to distinguish between uppercase and lowercase characters when searching.
- Specify the search scope:
- Selected Resources: Logi JReport will search from the resources you have selected in the Data panel before you bring out the dialog.
- Search In: If it is selected, Logi JReport will search from the selected data source in the drop-down list.
- Select the Search button to search for the resource you want.
The result will be listed in the Search Result panel which has three columns: Resource Name, Resource Type and Resource Path. You can sort the search result alphabetically by selecting the column headers. When you select a result item from the Search Result panel, the resource node that contains the item will be expanded with that resource item highlighted in the Data panel.