Working with Images
An image is a digital representation of a picture. Logi Report supports the following image formats: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png. This topic describes how you can insert images into a report.
For the images in a report, you can use them as the trigger object of links.
To insert an image in a report:
- Position the mouse pointer at the destination where you want to insert the image. You can insert an image in the report areas listed in Component Placement.
- Do any of the following.
- From the Components panel, drag the Image icon in the Basic category.
- Select Insert > Image.
- Select Home > Insert > Image.
- In the Select an Image dialog box, select the image you want to use.
- If you want to use an image from your local file system, use the Look in drop-down list to browse for the image, then select Open. If the image file is not in the current catalog directory, Designer prompts you to copy it to the directory.
- If you want to use an image via URL, type the URL in the URL text box and select OK. When you save the report, Designer saves the URL information into the report template.
If you are in an intranet, to successfully access an image via URL, you need to add the parameters
-DproxyHost=XXX -DproxyPort=XXto the batch file JReport.bat in
- Select Open to insert the image into the destination.
See an example: The SampleComponents catalog, included with Designer, contains reports that have examples of how you could use each component type in a report. For the image component example, open