Applying the Implementations of the Dashboard Listener API
The Dashboard Listener API defines the start and end events of adding and deleting library components. You can get dashboard related information at the event and use the information in your applications. This topic describes the Dashboard Listener API and how you can apply its implementation in the Server Console or via URL.
- The start action of adding a library component
- The end action of adding a library component
- The start action of deleting a library component
- The end action of deleting a library component
- Catalog information
- Dashboard information
- Library component information
For more information, see the com.jinfonet.web.modules.dashboard package in the Logi Report Javadoc. You can also refer to the sample implementation file DashboardListenerDemo.java in
<install_root>\help\samples\APIDashboardListener for additional information.
Applying the Dashboard Listener API
Different uses should have different implementations of the Dashboard Listener API. Administrators can manage the implementations on the Logi Report Server Console. After you import a new implementation to the server and enable it, it will be able to take effect immediately without restarting the server.
In addition, after uploading an implementation to Logi Report Server, you can apply it in the URL for running dashboards. The URL way has higher priority than the enabled implementation in the Server Console.
To import and enable an implementation in the Logi Report Server Console:
- In the Server Console, point to Administration on the system toolbar, select Other > Dashboard Listeners from the drop-down menu. Server displays the Dashboard Listeners page.
- Select New Dashboard Listener. Server displays the New Dashboard Listener dialog box.
- Select Browse to locate the implementation file which could be a zip or a jar file. Then select Next.
- From the Class Name drop-down list, choose a class name which is defined in the implementation file.
- Select beside the Target box. Server displays the Select Target dialog box.
- Specify the target dashboards you would like the implementation to apply to: all dashboards including the unsaved ones, the newly created dashboards that have not been saved, or dashboards in the specified folders.
- Select OK. Report Server lists the specified dashboards in the Target box.
When you have added all dashboards, Report Server disables the button. Later if you want to change the dashboards, you need to first delete the <All dashboards> item and then add other dashboards. To remove unwanted dashboards from the Target box, select them and then select .
- In the Description text box, you can type a description for the implementation.
- Select Enabled to enable the implementation.
- Select Finish and the registered class will take effect right away.
Report Server adds the registered implementation class in the class table on the Dashboard Listener page which consists of the following columns.
|Class Name||The implementation class name. Each is unique and cannot be null.|
|Target||Shows the resources that the implementation will take effect on. When a dashboard has been set as the target value of different implementations, the earliest implementation will take effect on the dashboard.|
|Description||The description of the implementation.|
|Enabled||Shows whether the implementation is enabled.|
In the class table, the system admin can perform the following on the implementations:
- To sort the table by certain column, select on the column name.
- To modify the target value of an implementation, select it, then select Properties on the toolbar or right-click and then select Properties from the shortcut menu. Then in the displayed dialog box, you can modify the target dashboards.
- To enable implementations that are not enabled, select them, then select Enable on the toolbar or right-click and then select Enable from the shortcut menu.
- To disable implementations that are enabled, select them, then select Disable on the toolbar or right-click and then select Disable from the shortcut menu.
- To delete implementations, select them, then select Delete on the toolbar or right-click and then select Delete from the shortcut menu.
To apply an implementation via URL:
To apply the dashboard listener via URL, append the key-value pair jrd_dsh_listener=PackageName.ClassName in the URL for running dashboards.
For example, if you want your implemented class TestListener to take effect on a newly created dashboard (not the target defined in the Server Console), you can define it in the URL. Such URL will not affect the setting in the Server Console.