Exporting/Printing the Web Report Result
When you finish editing a web report, you may want to export it to other formats or have it printed. This topic describes how you can export or print the web report result.
You can export the report result as a result version or as a local file in these formats: HTML, PDF, Text, Excel, RTF, XML, and PostScript.
- Select Menu > File > Export, or select the Export button on the toolbar. Server displays the Export dialog box.
- In the File Name field, type the name of the exported result file.
- Specify the destination of the result:
- View Report Result: Server opens the result directly in the web browser if a plug-in of the web browser supports the format; otherwise it prompts you to save the result file.
- Save to File System: Server prompts you to save the result file to a specified folder. You need to provide a name for the result file in the File Name field.
- Save to Version System: Server saves the result as a result version in the versioning system.
- From the Select Format drop-down list, select the format in which to export the result.
- To specify the additional settings of the selected format, select More Options.
- From the Style Group drop-down list, select the style group you want to apply to the exported report result.
- Set the other options for the selected format.
- Select OK to apply the changes.
Tip: Before exporting a report, you can customize the page properties for each exported result according to your requirement. For more information, see Setting up the report page.
- Select Menu > File > Print, or select the Print button on the toolbar. Server displays the Print dialog box.
- From the Printer drop-down list, select the printer using which to print the report result. Server lists all the printers the web browser can access here. If you want to download the result to a PDF or HTML file and then use your local printer to print the file, select Save as PDF or Save as HTML.
- If you have selected a printer, you can select Properties to specify the printing properties in the Printer Properties dialog box. Then select the numbers of copies you want to print.
- Specify the page orientation and paper type for the printed result file.
- You can select the More Settings link to set more page properties such as paper size and margins in the Page Setup dialog box.
- Select OK to start printing. If you selected Save as PDF or Save as HTML in the Printer drop-down list, Server opens the result file of the web report in an associated program with which you can print the result to a printer.