Starting a Visual Analysis Session
You can start a visual analysis session in different senarios.
To start a new visual analysis session from Logi JReport Server:
- In the Logi JReport Server console, open the Resources page and select New > Analysis on the task bar. The Select Data Source dialog appears.
- Select the required business view on which to perform visual analysis and select OK. The Visual Analysis window is then loaded.
In the Resources page of the server console, browse to the analysis template and do one of the following (make sure you have Execute permission on the analysis template):
- Select the name of the analysis template.
- Put the mouse pointer over the analysis template row and select the Run button on the floating toolbar.
- Select the analysis template row and select Run > Run on the task bar of the Resources page.
- Select the analysis template row, right-click in the row and select Run from the shortcut menu.
The Visual Analysis window is then loaded.
To start a new visual analysis session during another session:
- In the Visual Analysis window, select > New on the toolbar.
- In the Select Data Source dialog, select the required business view and select OK. A new Visual Analysis window is then loaded.
To start a visual analysis session on a saved analysis template during a visual analysis session:
- In the Visual Analysis window, select > Open or the Open button on the toolbar. The Open dialog appears.
- In the Open In section, browse to the folder where the analysis template is located in the server resource tree. You can use the button to return to the parent folder.
- Select the analysis template in the resource table which lists all the analysis templates in the current directory. Select the column names to change the order of the templates in the table list if required. The File Name box shows the name of the selected analysis template.
- Select OK. The template is then loaded into a new Visual Analysis window.