Clearing Invalid Nodes From the Server Database
When resources, such as folders, catalogs, and reports, have been published using a real path, there is a possibility to produce invalid nodes. Also, after running a report and saving the result to the versioning system or scheduling reports which are saved in the versioning system, either of the following operations will generate invalid nodes:
- Cancel or change the real path setting.
- Publish a resource to replace an existing real path resource.
The invalid nodes are generated in the realm database. They are links to files in the history folder that no longer exist. To clear them:
- On the Logi JReport Administration page, select Data on the system toolbar and then select Realm DB from the drop-down menu to open the Data - Realm DB page.
- Select the Realm DB Check tab.
- Select a realm from the Select Realm drop-down list at the top right corner.
- Select the Check button. All invalid resource nodes are then listed.
- Check the checkbox on the header of the first column to specify whether you want to select all or unselect all. Otherwise, you can check the corresponding checkbox to select the invalid nodes that you want to delete.
- Select Delete button to delete all selected nodes.