Inserting and Formatting a Label
Labels can be inserted in the report areas listed in Component placement.
To insert a label:
- Drag the Label button from the Components panel to the desired report destination.
- Select Insert > Label or Home > Insert > Label, then select the mouse button in the location where you want the label to be displayed.
A label with the default text "Label" is inserted. You can then edit the text of a label as follow:
- To edit the full text of a label, double-click the label to select the text, then type the replacement text.
- To edit a portion of a label's text, double-click the label, then select in the label and drag to select the portion, after that, type the replacement text.
You can also modify a label's text by using the Text property value in the Report Inspector.
To format a label:
You can format the label text with the Format tab, for example, you can change the font size, color, and alignment of the text.
To format a label, first select the label, and then perform any of the following tasks:
- To change the alignment of a label, select the required alignment button: Justify, Left, Center or Right. The text in the label will then be aligned according to your selection.
- To change the font face, select the Font Face Box and then select the required font from the drop-down list. The fonts introduced with * are True Type Fonts. Refer to the chapter True Type Fonts for more information.
- To change the font size, select the Font Size Box and then select the required size from the drop-down list (or enter the required value in the text box and then press Enter).
- To change the font style, select the corresponding font style buttons on the Format tab: Bold, Italic and Underline.
- To change the background color of the label, select the Background Color button ; to change the foreground color of the label text, select the Foreground Color button .
Tip: You cannot use drag and drop or the Insert menu to insert labels into charts. For details about chart labels, see the chart topic Formatting the Labels.