An image is a digital representation of a picture. Logi JReport supports the following image formats: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png. This topic describes how to use the image component.
Below is a list of the sections covered in this topic:
An image can be inserted in the report areas listed in Component placement.
To insert an image into a report:
- Position the mouse pointer at the destination where you want to insert the image.
- Do any of the following.
- Drag the Image button from the Components panel.
- Select Insert > Image.
- Select Home > Insert > Image.
- In the Select an Image dialog, specify the image you want to insert.
- If you want to use an image from your local file system, use the Look in drop-down list to browse for the image, then select Open. If the image file is not in the current catalog directory, you will be prompted to copy it to the directory.
- If you want to use an image via URL, enter the URL in the URL field and then select OK.
- Select Open to insert the image into the destination.
- If want to use an image via URL and you are in an intranet, to successfully access the image, you need to add the parameters
-DproxyHost=XXX -DproxyPort=XXto the batch file Logi JReport.bat, which is located in
- If you insert an image via URL into a report, when the report is saved, only the URL information will be saved into the report template.
You can make an image link to another report, a location specified by a URL, an e-mail address, or a Blob data type field. The link can either be a simple link or a conditional link. With conditional links, different targets can be loaded based on different conditions.
To bind a link to an image:
- Right-click the image and select Link on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Link dialog, specify whether it is a conditional link or a simple link, then select the link target and set the options for the link target as required.
- When done, select OK.
For details about different link targets, see Binding a Link to a Label.
See an example: The SampleComponents catalog, included with Logi JReport Designer, contains reports that have examples of how each component type could be used in a report. For the image component example, open