When you run a report, Logi Report Engine fetches data from the datasets the report applies and displays the report according to the report template. A dataset is the set of data built from the result of a data resource: query, stored procedure, imported SQL, imported APE, user-defined data source, hierarchical data source, or business view, and can optionally apply filter conditions. You can leverage datasets amongst different data components in the same report, to optimize the overall performance by running a dataset once and caching it for all data components that apply the dataset to reuse. This topic introduces how you can work with datasets in a report.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- Applying Datasets in a Report
- Filtering Datasets in a Report
- Managing Datasets in a Report
- Editing Properties of Datasets in a Report
- Customizing Field Display Names for Datasets in a Report