Besides editing reports in the design area in Designer, you can also edit them with the Design API. By creating a Designer instance in your Java program, you can design and modify a report with the Design API methods all in code, for example, you can change the property values, or modify the report by inserting objects such as tables, crosstabs, chart, DBFields, formulas, labels, and images. This topic introduces the packages and license of the Design API, and how you can install the Design API and use it to design reports programmatically.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- Design API Packages and License
- Installing the Design API
- Making Preparations Before Using the Design API
- Getting Started Using the Design API
- Working with Reports via the Design API
- Running the Design API Samples