Logi JReport Tutorial v16 Overview
This Tutorial is intended to provide an overview of the Logi JReport solution, embedded reporting concepts, and detailed step-by-step lessons on using Logi JReport. To allow for lessons to be completed in a reasonable time frame, not all of the features of Logi JReport are covered.
This Tutorial requires that both Logi JReport Server and Logi JReport Designer are installed on a Windows machine and therefore file names and paths, and screenshots in this guide are based on the Windows operating system. However Logi JReport can run on multiple platforms. To install Logi JReport Server, follow the installation instructions in the Logi JReport Server User's Guide; to install Logi JReport Designer, select here.
This Tutorial contains the following parts:
- Part I: Logi JReport Basics for Developers
This part introduces the basic knowledge of Logi JReport Designer for report developers, including its development environment, catalogs, connections, queries, business views and reports.
- Part II: Advanced Reporting
This part talks about some advanced reporting features of Logi JReport based on the story of a fictional retail coffee chain: how to use Logi JReport Designer to create different types of reports for the company; how the reports and related resources are published to Logi JReport Server and managed on the server, and so on.
- Part III: End User Experience
This part focuses on the most powerful yet easy-to-use web tools of Logi JReport: JDashboard, Visual Analysis, Web Report Studio and Page Report Studio. End users can use them to create and edit their own reports, dashboards and dynamic analysis without expert assistance.
If you encounter any technical issues that prevent completion of the tasks outlined in this guide, please do one of the following:
- Contact our technical support department at http://www.jinfonet.com/contact-support/, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service is available free of charge to registered evaluators for up to 30 days after you receive the Logi JReport Evaluation package.
- Search the Logi JReport Knowledge Base for issue resolution.