A catalog in Logi JReport is a report and metadata repository. Every report must exist within the context of a catalog folder and must be tied to a catalog file which is a physical file that stores data resources and object definitions. A catalog file may be used by one report or multiple reports in the same catalog folder. In addition, any other resources such as images used by the reports are also stored in the same catalog folder.
Logi JReport Designer comes with four catalog folders: JinfonetGourmetJava, SampleComponents, SampleReports and TutorialReports. The catalog files in the JinfonetGourmetJava and TutorialReports folders are used for the Logi JReport Tutorial manual. You can get samples from any of them to learn Logi JReport Designer.
The following topics provide more information on catalogs:
- Knowing Catalogs
- Creating, Opening and Saving Catalogs
- Managing the Data Resources in a Catalog
- Editing Pre-joins in a Catalog
- Clarifying the Reference Relationships Between Resources in a Catalog
- Merging Catalogs
- Maintaining Catalogs with the Catalog Doctor
Please sign in to leave a comment.