Deploying Server to JBoss EAP 7.3.0
This topic describes how you can deploy Logi Report Server to JBoss EAP.
In the example we use directory paths based on Unix. The instructions are applicable to both Unix and Windows installations. However, the format of the paths for Windows should use the Windows format, that is,
C:\LogiReport\Server instead of
The example takes JBoss EAP 7.3.0 as an example.
- You installed JBoss EAP 7.3.0 in the
/opt/JBoss EAP 7.3.0directory.
- The Logi Report Server WAR file jreport.war is in the
/opt/LogiReport/Server/bin/distributedirectory. To create the WAR file, refer to the instructions in Building a WAR/EAR File to Include a Self-contained Logi Report Server.
Before creating the WAR, you need to change JRPatternLayout to PatternLayout all over the LogConfig.properties file in
/opt/LogiReport/Server/bin. After you generate jreport.war, create a file named jboss-deployment-structure.xml as follows in the jreport.war/META-INFO folder:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
To deploy Logi Report Server to JBoss EAP 7.3.0:
- To avoid the problem that JBoss EAP 7 cannot locate jrenv.jar, when you build a WAR/EAR to deploy to JBoss EAP 7, add -Djbossas7=true in makewar.bat/sh like this:
- Start JBoss by running the standalone.sh script.
- Add a management user to JBoss EAP 7 by running the add-user.sh script.
- Access the JBoss Management Console to deploy jreport.war and enable it.
- Access Logi Report Server using the following URLs:
If you run into problems when using Logi Report Server in JBoss, send the log files of Logi Report Server to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following procedure illustrates how to generate the log files:
- Modify the file standalone.conf in
/opt/JBoss EAP 7.3.0/binto add -Dlogall=true as follows.
- Start JBoss using the modified file standalone.conf.
- After you reproduce the problem, send email@example.com the log files in
The JBoss log files may also help to identify the problem. The most useful one is /opt/jboss-eap-7.3.0/standalone/log/server.log.
Please sign in to leave a comment.