Installing Server by Deploying a WAR File
This topic describes how you can install Server by building a WAR File on Windows and then deploy it to Linux/Unix.
You may need to install Server into application servers in the cloud when you do not even own a machine of the type the application servers are installed to. For example, you use Tomcat on Unix in a cloud environment but only have Windows machines locally. You can then install Server on Windows, make a WAR file, and deploy it to the Java application server on Unix.
- Install Server on the local Windows machine.
- Create a WAR via the following command line while specifying the report home. The report home uses the path on Unix on the target machine.
- Add any JDBC drivers that are required into the
- Visit your application server from the local machine using a browser, for example, for Tomcat the local machine URL is
http://<hostname>:8080/(8080 is the default port of Tomcat), and deploy the WAR using your application server user interface.
- Log onto the Server Console by the URL
http://<hostname>:8080/jreport(assuming the war file is jreport.war) as an administrator to configure the server database.
- Restart Server and access the Server Console to see if you can run reports.