Integrating Remote Logi Report Server With IBM WebSphere 188.8.131.52 by a WAR File
Here is an example illustrating the case of using JSPs based on Remote Server APIs to integrate with IBM WebSphere 184.108.40.206.
It is assumed that:
- WebSphere 220.127.116.11 is installed in
C:\WebSpherein computer A.
- Logi Report Server is installed in
C:\LogiReport\Serverin computer B. The computer IP is 127.0.0.1.
The procedure for integrating remote Logi Report Server with IBM WebSphere contains the following major steps:
Step 1: Generating the WAR file
- In computer B, use the tool makewar.bat to build the Logi Report Server WAR file as defined by makewar.xml for remote integration. Both makewar.bat and makewar.xml are located in
C:\LogiReport\Server\bin. Run the following commands in DOS window and the generated WAR file remote.war will be saved to the directory
makewar.bat buildRemoteWar -Djrs.remote.host=127.0.0.1 -Djrs.remote.rmiport=1129 -Djrs.rmi.auth_file=C:\LogiReport\Server\bin\rmi.auth
- Copy the rmi.auth file from
C:\LogiReport\Server\binin computer B to
C:\LogiReport\Server\binin computer A.
Step 2: Configuring Logi Report Server
- Make sure Logi Report Server has been started once so that the server.properties file is generated.
- Change server.properties file in
Step 3: Deploying the WAR file
- In computer A, start IBM WebSphere.
- In computer B, access the WebSphere Administrative Console using the URL:
http://hostname:9060/ibm/console, where the hostname is computer A's host name or IP address, and 9060 is the port number.
- After successfully log in, expand the Applications node, select Application Types and then Websphere enterprise applications.
- Select Install.
- Select Browse to select the remote.war file, and then select Next.
- Keep selecting Next until you see the requirement for specifying context root.
- In the Context Root field, type a context path such as /remote/, then select Next.
- Select Finish in the Summary page. The installing process may take several minutes, wait until the process is completed.
- Select Save.
- Select remote.war and then select Start.
- Access Logi Report Server using the following URL:
Here the hostname is computer A's host name or IP address.
Please sign in to leave a comment.