Changing Resource Properties
You can edit the properties of any resource including folder in the server resource tree, such as its node name, description, archive policy, user permissions, and so on, in the Resources page of the server console. You can edit the properties of one or more resources at a time.
To edit the properties of a single resource:
- Browse to the resource in the server resource tree and then do any of the following:
- Put the mouse pointer over the resource row and select the Properties button on its floating toolbar.
- Select the resource row, right-click in the resource row and select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Select the resource row and select Tools > Properties on the task bar.
- In the displayed properties dialog box, change the property settings. If the Permission tab is available, specify the permissions of different principals on the resource.
To edit the properties of multiple resources at one time:
- Browse to the folder where the resources are located.
- Select the check boxes ahead of the required resources. To select all the resources, select the top check box.
- Select Tools > Properties on the task bar or right-click in any selected resource row and select Properties from the shortcut menu. Report Server displays the Multiple Type Properties dialog box.
- In the General tab, edit the description, status, linked catalog and version archive policy for the resources. Settings for description and archive policy apply to all the selected resources, while the status setting works on report resources and linked catalog on report, library component and folder resources only.
- If the Permission tab is available, specify the permissions of different principals on the resources.
- Select OK to accept the changes.
See also the following dialog box documents for details about the property settings:
- Analysis Template Properties
- Catalog Properties
- Dashboard Properties
- Folder Properties
- Library Component Properties
- Report Properties
- Result Properties
Please sign in to leave a comment.