To manage roles, you must be a member of the administrator role in order to access the Logi JReport Administration page.
Before managing roles, you need to first select the realm in which the roles are. Then on the Logi JReport Administration page, select Security on the system toolbar and select Role from the drop-down menu to display the Security - Role page.
The following lists the role management tasks. To add or delete a role, you can also use URL commands directly.
- Creating a new role
- Select the New Role link.
- In the New Role dialog, provide the name and description and specify a parent role for the new role.
- To give the role the privilege of publishing resources to Logi JReport Server or of viewing advanced resource properties information, select the corresponding checkbox.
- Select OK, the new role is then added to the role table, which consists of the following columns.
Column Name Description Create a New Role Creates a role. Name Lists the role names. You can view and edit role properties by selecting the underlined role name. Members Edits members of the specified role. Select the underlined member(s) to edit the members.
Lists the names of the role's members.
Specifies the type of the role's members.
Specifies the role's members' authentication type: Local or LDAP.
Removes the specified members from the role.
- Add Members
Shows the members that can be added to the role.
Control Controls the roles.
Deletes the specified role.
- Searching for roles
On the quick search toolbar above the role table, select to specify the search options, then type in the text of the role names you want to search for and the roles containing the matched text will be listed. The quick search toolbar treats the role names as strings and searches by consecutive text.
- Highlight All
Specifies whether to highlight all matched text.
- Match Case
Specifies whether to search for text that meets the case of the typed text.
- Match Whole Word
Specifies whether to search for text that looks the same as the typed text.
- Highlight All
- Editing the privileges of a role
In the role table, select the name of the role, then in the displayed dialog, add or remove privileges for the role and select OK.
- Editing members of a role
You can edit the members of a role, such as adding a new user or role, or removing a member from the role. To do this, in the role table browse to the specific role, select the member(s) link, then edit the members of the role as follows:
- To remove a member from the role, check the member and then select the Remove button.
- To add a member to the role, select the Add Members link, check the new member, and then select the Add button.
- A role can have more than one child group, child role and parent role.
- A parent role cannot be added to the current role as its child.
- Some members cannot be removed from the role they belong to, such as admin in the administrator role and guest in the everyone role. A user cannot remove himself from the administrators role.
- Deleting a role
If you find a role is no longer required, you can delete it by selecting the corresponding Delete link in the Control column of the role table. However, the built-in roles, such as administrators and everyone, and roles that are not empty, cannot be deleted.
Please sign in to leave a comment.