Integrating Remote Logi JReport Server with IBM WebSphere 18.104.22.168 by a WAR File
Here is an example illustrating the case of using JSPs based on Remote Server APIs to integrate with IBM WebSphere 22.214.171.124.
It is assumed that:
- WebSphere 126.96.36.199 is installed in
C:\WebSpherein computer A.
- Logi JReport Server is installed in
C:\Logi JReport\Serverin computer B. The computer IP is 127.0.0.1.
Take the following steps to integrate remote Logi JReport Server with IBM WebSphere:
Below show the details for each step:
- In computer B, use the tool makewar.bat to build the Logi JReport Server WAR file as defined by makewar.xml for remote integration. Both makewar.bat and makewar.xml are located in
. Run the following commands in DOS window and the generated WAR file remote.war will be saved to the directory
makewar.bat buildRemoteWar -Djrs.remote.host=127.0.0.1 -Djrs.remote.rmiport=1129 -Djrs.rmi.auth_file=C:\Logi JReport\Server\bin\rmi.auth
- Copy the rmi.auth file from
C:\Logi JReport\Server\binin computer B to
C:\Logi JReport\Server\binin computer A.
- Make sure Logi JReport Server has been started once so that the server.properties file is generated.
- Change server.properties file in
C:\Logi JReport\Server\binas follows:
- In computer A, start IBM WebSphere.
- In computer B, access the WebSphere Administrative Console by using the URL:
http://hostname:9060/ibm/console, where the hostname is computer A's host name or IP address, and 9060 is the port number.
- After successfully log in, expand the Applications node, select Application Types and then Websphere enterprise applications.
- Select Install.
- Select Browse to select the remote.war file, and then select Next.
- Keep selecting Next until you see the requirement for specifying context root.
- In the Context Root field, type a context path such as /remote/, then select Next.
- Select Finish on the Summary page. The installing process may take several minutes, wait until the process is completed.
- Select Save.
- Select remote.war and then select Start.
- Access Logi JReport Server using the following URL:
Here the hostname is computer A's host name or IP address.