Installing the Catalog API
When you install Logi JReport Designer, the Catalog API is also installed at the same time. After installation, you will have the following components in
- log4j-core-2.7.jar and log4j-api-2.7.jar (Jar files used for Logi JReport Engine logging system)
- sac-1.3.jar (Jar file used for installing Catalog API with Design API product)
The Catalog API class is stored in the archive file report.jar. You will need to do the two steps below before you can compile and run the program:
- Set the class path environment variable. Append the following string to your class path that starts the Catalog API (make sure that the path of the file JREngine.jar is before that of the file report.jar):
- In your Java program you must set the licensed user and Design API license key.
DesignerUserInfo userInfo=new DesignerUserInfo("UID","Design API Key");
- Set the reporthome parameter equal to the root path of Logi JReport Designer. You can set this in your environment or with the -Dreporthome argument to your JVM.
Logi JReport Server also includes the Catalog API. If you prefer to use the libraries from Logi JReport Server, include the jar file <server_install_root>\lib\JRESServlets.jar in your class path instead of report.jar. You would then need to use the Server Design API license key rather than the Design API license key.