Managing Banded Panels
By default, a banded object consists of these panels: a Banded Header (BH) panel, a Banded Page Header (BPH) panel, a Detail (DT) panel, a Parallel Detail (PDT, this is only for the banded objects which are created on HDS) panel, a Banded Page Footer (BPF) panel, a Banded Footer (BF) panel, and several Group Header (GH) and Group Footer (GF) panels if the data in the banded object is grouped.
Logi JReport Designer allows you to perform the following tasks related to the banded panels.
- Adding a banded panel
Select a panel of the same type, right-click it and select Insert Panel After. A blank panel of the same type will be inserted into the banded object. This can be useful for making sure that formulas in a panel are executed in the correct order.
- Deleting a banded panel
To delete a banded panel from a banned object, right-click the panel and select Delete. Note that you cannot delete a panel of a certain type if it is the only one of that type.
- Hiding a banded panel
To hide a banded panel from view, right-click the panel, and then select Hide.
- Showing a hidden banded panel
- Check the item Hidden Objects on the View tab, and the hidden panel will then be displayed and marked with two triangles.
- Right-click the banded panel, and select Show on the shortcut menu to release its hidden state.
- Turn off Hidden Objects on the View menu as it will not show you a true view of your report.
- Resizing a banded panel
- For a vertical or cross banded object, drag the boundary below the banded panel until the panel is at the required height.
- For a horizontal banded object, drag the boundary on the right side of the banded panel until the panel is at the required width.
You can also make use of the properties Invisible and Width/Height of a banded panel in the Report Inspector to show/hide, and resize the panel.