Installing Optional Features
Several features require additional configuration before they can be used.
Exago’s Google Maps wizard uses the Google Maps API, which requires a paid license for commercial use. You must acquire a Google Maps API license in order to enable this feature.
There are additional steps needed in order to enable the new Google Maps wizard introduced in v2016.3.
- Download and install the Google Maps Polygon Database for free from our support site.
- Create a new directory inside Exago’s installation path named MapCache
- Extract the polygon database into the MapCache directory.
- If Remote Execution is in use, the polygon database must also be extracted into a mapCache folder inside of each Scheduler Service’s
- Give the web server full permissions to read the mapCache directory.
- Right click on the folder and click Properties.
- In the security tab click Edit then Add.
- Enter IIS_IUSRS then click OK.
- In the Permissions for Config window, select the IIS_IUSRS that was just created and check Allow Full Control. Click OK.
chown $apacheUserID MapCache
chmod -R u+wr MapCache
Licensing fees are subject to change by Google.
For help with API keys, see Google API Console Help.
To install the license file:
- Toggle General > Feature/UI Settings >Advanced Report Designer Settings > Show Google Maps Wizard in the Admin Console to True.
Legacy Maps (GeoCharts)
The GeoCharts feature present since v2013.2 has an additional requirement for use if you are enabling it for the first time, or if implementing the application under a new domain name.
Our mapping features use the Google Maps API. Historically, this was a free solution. However, in June 2016, Google began to require paid licenses for commercial usage.
If you had GeoCharts enabled prior to June 2016, and you have not since changed the domain name of the application, this section does not affect you because you have been grandfathered in.
If you are a new user in need of mapping, we strongly suggest implementing the new Google Maps feature instead of legacy GeoCharts.
For help with API keys, see Google’s API Console Help.
To install a legacy GeoCharts license file, place the license key in the General > Feature/UI Settings >Advanced Report Designer Settings > GeoChart Map Key (optional) setting of the Admin Console.
Please sign in to leave a comment.