Dashboards can be exported, scheduled and emailed as:
- Chained Reports to any of the available export types (Excel, PDF, RTF, CSV). Each tile appears on a separate page in the output file.
- Snapshots with a likeness of the Dashboard as it appears on screen in a single page PDF
For a Dashboard exported as a Microsoft Excel Workbook, each tile appears as a separate worksheet tab in the output. For CSV exports, each report tile’s output will be in the output file, one right after the next. Visualization tiles will be blank lines.
- scroll bars, the Tile Menu icon, Refresh icon, Move handle, report page buttons and search bar on each tile do not appear in the output
- the floating Refresh, Filter and Parameters icons of the Dashboard Viewer (v2019.2+) do not appear in the output
- ExpressView Existing Report tiles appear in their exported view style, not as they do in the ExpressView Designer or on the Dashboard canvas
- Interactive Filter tiles appear with a summary of the tile’s filter settings
Dashboards may be exported from the Report Tree and the Dashboard Designer.
From the Report Tree
From the Report Tree by right-click the Dashboard name or by first select the report in the tree, then click the Menu icon, hover over Export As and then choose the preferred export type from the list.
Export from the Dashboard Designer by clicking the Export icon in the toolbar then choosing an export file type.
If some export types shown here are not available, they may be restricted by the system administrator, or one or more of the component reports may restrict them in their respective General Report Options.
See Scheduling Reports.