Before exporting a report to HTML, you can localize the names of the page navigation links in the report, such as First, Previous, Next, and Last. This topic describes how you can localize the page navigation link names to display them in your preferred language in HTML output.
- Create the subfolders in
<designer_install_root>\resources\report\languages\[language-country]\properties. For example,
Designer uses the two-letter codes of the language and country as defined by ISO-639 and ISO-3166 in the folder name.
- Create a report.properties file in the properties folder.
- Open the property file and copy the following contents to it.
# The following is the report properties file format that can localize the link names in HTML.
4000107=@CurrentPageNumber; of @TotalPageNumber;
- Translate the text after "=" to the specified language.
For the line "4000107=@CurrentPageNumber; of @TotalPageNumber;", you just need to translate "of" to the language you want. In the HTML output, Logi Report Engine replaces "@CurrentPageNumber" by the current page number, and "@TotalPageNumber" by the report total page number.
- Save the property file with UTF-8 encoding.
- Copy the property file to the
- Convert the contents in the property file into Unicode using native2ascii.exe in
<jdk_install_root>\binby running the following command:
C:\jdk1.8.0\bin>native2ascii -encoding utf-8 report.properties > newreport.properties
When you convert a property file to the same folder as the original one, you need to give the file a new name instead of replacing the original in order to avoid problems.
- Delete report.properties in
<designer_install_root>\resources\report\languages\[language-locale]\propertiesand copy newreport.properties in
<jdk_install_root>\binto it, and then name the property file back to report.properties.
- Start Designer and open a report that contains multiple pages.
- Select the language defined for the property file from the Language drop-down menu on the Home or View menu tab.
- Navigate to File > Export > HTML to export the report to HTML (make sure you do not select No Hyperlink and No Page Number).
- Open the HTML output. The page navigation links display in the language you specify.