An image is a digital representation of a picture. Logi JReport supports the following image formats: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png. This topic describes how to use the image component.
Images in a report can be used as the trigger object of links.
To insert an image in a report:
- Position the mouse pointer at the destination where you want to insert the image. An image can be inserted in the report areas listed in Component Placement.
- Do any of the following.
- Drag from the Components panel.
- Select Insert > Image.
- Select Home > Insert > Image.
- In the Select an Image dialog, select the image you want to use.
- If you want to use an image from your local file system, use the Look in drop-down list to browse for the image, then select Open. If the image file is not in the current catalog directory, you will be prompted to copy it to the directory.
- If you want to use an image via URL, enter the URL in the URL text box and then select OK.
- Select Open to insert the image into the destination.
- If want to use an image via URL and you are in an intranet, to successfully access the image, you need to add the parameters
-DproxyHost=XXX -DproxyPort=XXto the batch file Logi JReport.bat, which is located in
- If you insert an image via URL into a report, when the report is saved, only the URL information will be saved into the report template.
See an example: The SampleComponents catalog, included with Logi JReport Designer, contains reports that have examples of how each component type could be used in a report. For the image component example, open