Integrating Remote Logi Report Server With IBM WebSphere 184.108.40.206 by a WAR File
This topic describes an example of using JSPs based on Remote Server APIs to integrate with IBM WebSphere 220.127.116.11.
- You installed WebSphere 18.104.22.168 in
C:\WebSphereon computer A.
- You installed Logi Report Server in
C:\LogiReport\Serveron computer B. The computer IP is 127.0.0.1.
The procedure for integrating remote Logi Report Server with IBM WebSphere contains the following major steps:
- On computer B, use the tool makewar.bat to build the Logi Report Server WAR file as defined by makewar.xml for remote integration. Both makewar.bat and makewar.xml are in
C:\LogiReport\Server\bin. Run the following commands in DOS window and Server saves the generated WAR file remote.war to the directory
makewar.bat buildRemoteWar -Djrs.remote.host=127.0.0.1 -Djrs.remote.rmiport=1129 -Djrs.rmi.auth_file=C:\LogiReport\Server\bin\rmi.auth
- Copy the rmi.auth file from
C:\LogiReport\Server\binon computer B to
C:\LogiReport\Server\binon computer A.
- Make sure you have started Logi Report Server at least once so that Server generated the server.properties file.
- Change the server.properties file in
- On computer A, start IBM WebSphere.
- On computer B, access the WebSphere Administrative Console using the URL:
http://hostname:9060/ibm/console, where hostname is computer A's host name or IP address, and 9060 is the port number.
- After you log in, expand the Applications node, select Application Types and then Websphere enterprise applications.
- Select Install.
- Select Browse to select the remote.war file, and then select Next.
- Keep selecting Next until you see the requirement for specifying context root.
- In the Context Root field, type a context path such as /remote/, then select Next.
- Select Finish in the Summary page. The installing process may take several minutes, wait until the process is completed.
- Select Save.
- Select remote.war and then select Start.
- Access Logi Report Server using the following URL:
Here hostname is computer A's host name or IP address.