Running With IBM WebSphere 220.127.116.11 by WAR File
This topic describes how to run Logi Report Server Monitor with IBM WebSphere 18.104.22.168 by WAR File.
- WebSphere 22.214.171.124 has been installed to
- Logi Report Server Monitor has been installed to
Generating the WAR File
Use the tool makewar.bat/makewar.sh to build the Logi Report Server Monitor WAR file as defined by makewar.xml for remote integration. Both makewar.bat/makewar.sh and makewar.xml are located in
C:\Logi Report\Monitor\bin. The generated WAR file monitor.war will be saved to the directory
Deploying the WAR File
To integrate Logi Report Server Monitor with IBM WebSphere by a WAR file, take the following steps:
- Start IBM WebSphere.
- Open the Administrative Console. You can open the Administrative Console using the Start menu, or using the URL
http://hostname:9080/ibm/console, where the hostname is host name or IP address, and 9080 is the port number. Note that the user ID must contain only letters and numbers. You can use any of them as your user ID.
- After successfully logging in, expand the Applications node in the left tree, and then select New Application.
- Select New Enterprise Application on the right panel to install a new application.
- Select Local file system , and then use Browse to select your monitor.war file. Then select Next.
- Select Next.
- In Step1, type JReportMonitor in the Application Name field, and then select Next.
- Select Next for Step 2 and 3.
- In Step 4, in the Context Root section, type /monitor/, and then select Next.
- In Step 5, select Finish. The installing process may take several minutes. Please wait until the process is complete.
- After the installation process has been successfully completed, select Save.
- On the left resource tree, expand Servers, go through Server Types > WebSphere application servers > Server1 > Process Definition (in the Java and Process Management node of the Server Infrastructure section) > Java Virtual Machine (in the Additional Properties section), and type -Dmonitor.home=C:\Logi Report\Monitor (Logi Report Server Monitor installation folder) in Generic JVM arguments field in the Configuration tab.
- Select OK, then select Save in the Messages box. Then stop Websphere.
- Copy rmi.auth from
C:\Logi Report\Monitor\bin. Enable RMI service for remote connection by setting the property
server.rmiserver.enable=truein server.properties in
<server_intall_root>\bin. Then start Logi Report Server.
- Start WebSphere.
- Access Logi Report Server Monitor using the URL