Launching and Accessing Logi JReport Server Monitor
This topic explains how to launch Logi JReport Server Monitor and access it from a web browser.
Below is a list of the sections covered in this topic:
- Starting Logi JReport Server Monitor
- Accessing Logi JReport Server Monitor Services
After you have installed Logi JReport Server Monitor, a batch file named MonitorServer.bat is generated automatically in
<install_root>\bin. You can start Logi JReport Server Monitor by running this batch file.
To successfully start Logi JReport Server Monitor, these requirements should be met:
- Copy rmi.auth from
<adminserver_install_root>\binof the admin server to
<monitor_install_root>\bin, or remove rmi.auth from
<adminserver_install_root>\bin, or add
-Djrs.rmi.auth_file=%authFileName%to MonitorServer.bat to specify the authentication file.
- Make sure that the server.rmimonitor.enable property in the server.properties file in the
<adminserver_install_root>\bindirectory is set to true. The default value is true.
- If the admin server and Monitor are installed in different computers, you need specify the right host and port of the admin server in Monitor side via the two properties in the server.properties file in the
<monitor_install_root>\bindirectory before starting Logi JReport Server Monitor:
admin.server.host=The RMI host name or IP address of the admin server.
admin.server.port=The RMI port number of the admin server.
The default values of these two properties are for the admin server which is installed in the same computer.
Note: The server.properties file is generated when you run MonitorServer.bat for the first time after installation. The step does not require that the Monitor is started and connected to the admin server successfully.
- The admin server is started successfully. It does not matter whether you start the admin server first or the Monitor first.
After Logi JReport Server Monitor is started successfully, you can take either of the following ways to access Logi JReport Server Monitor via browsers:
Use the service port number specified in the server.properties file to access the services of Logi JReport Server Monitor. The default format of the accessing URL is: http://MonitorHost:MonitorServicerPort/monitor/index.jsp. For example, if Logi JReport Server Monitor and Logi JReport Server are installed on one computer, you can use
From Logi JReport Server UI
You can also access Logi JReport Server Monitor by selecting the Monitor link on the Logi JReport Server console > Administration > Other drop-down menu. To do this, you need make sure:
- The web.monitor.link.enable property in the server.properties file in
<server_install_root>\binis set to true. The default value is true.
- You are an administrator or have the privilege to access the Administration page of the server console.
The following details the properties in the server.properties file which is located in the