The following instructions detail the method by which additional languages can be added to the Logi Report Server interface. These languages replace the default English text on the various windows generated by Logi Report, including those involved in ad hoc reporting.
Creating an NLS Resource Folder for New Language
There are three property files which together contain all UI text and messages in Logi Report Server:
This property file stores some common UI text all over Logi Report Server (including Page Report Studio, Web Report Studio, JDashboard and Visual Analysis) in the specific language.
This property file stores UI text and messages referred by Page Report Studio, Web Report Studio, JDashboard and Visual Analysis in the specific language.
This property file stores UI text and messages referred by Logi Report Server in the specific language.
The language package is stored in:
The structure is:
Manually adding a language package
To add a language package, follow the steps below:
- Browse to the
- Create a folder named for the new language. The folder name should keep to ISO language and country code naming criterion.
- Copy the properties folder in the existing
<server_install_root>\resources\server\languages\endirectory to the new folder.
- Modify the three property files:
server.propertiesin the new folder by translating all the text and messages after “=” to the new language.
- Save these property files with UTF-8 encoding.
- Convert the contents in the three property files into Unicode using
<jdk_install_root>\bindirectory by running the following line in the Command Console:
C:\jdk1.8.0\bin>native2ascii -encoding utf-8 common.properties >newcommon.properties
C:\jdk1.8.0\bin>native2ascii -encoding utf-8 dhtml.properties >newdhtml.properties
C:\jdk1.8.0\bin>native2ascii -encoding utf-8 server.properties >newserver.properties
One additional property file can be translated for users of Logi Report Monitor. The file is called
monitor.properties and is in the following location:
Enabling New Language for User
An end user can enable the new language for himself.
- Log onto the Logi Report Server Console (
http://server_ip_address:8888) with the user name and password.
- Click My Profile in the Manage category.
- Click the Advanced tab on the My Profile page.
- Check the Yes checkbox for the Specify Default Language option, choose the desired language through the provided drop-down list, and click OK.
- Click OK to register the new setting and log off.
Logi Report Server text should be displayed in the chosen language the next time the user logs into the application/environment and accesses Logi Report Server Console.