Starting a Visual Analysis Session
You can start a new visual analysis session either from the Logi Report Server console or from the current session.
Select the following links to view the topics:
- Start a Visual Analysis Session from Server Console
- Start a Visual Analysis Session on a Saved Analysis Template
- Start a Visual Analysis Session During a Session
- Start a Visual Analysis Session on a Saved Analysis Template During a Session
- In the Logi Report Server console, open the Resources page and select New > Analysis on the task bar. Report Server displays the Select Data Source dialog box.
- Select the required business view on which to perform visual analysis and select OK. The Visual Analysis window opens.
In the Resources page of the server console, browse to the analysis template and do one of the following (make sure you have Execute permission on the analysis template):
- Select the name of the analysis template.
- Put the mouse pointer over the analysis template row and select the Run button on the floating toolbar.
- Select the analysis template row and select Run > Run on the task bar of the Resources page.
- Select the analysis template row, right-click in the row and select Run from the shortcut menu.
The Visual Analysis window will then opens.
- In the Visual Analysis window, select > New on the toolbar.
- In the Select Data Source dialog box, select the required business view and select OK. A new Visual Analysis window opens.
- In the Visual Analysis window, select > Open or the Open button on the toolbar. Report Server displays the Open dialog box.
- In the Open In drop-down list, browse to the folder where the analysis template is located in the server resource tree. You can use the button to return to the parent folder.
- Select the analysis template in the resource table which lists all the analysis templates in the current directory. You can select the column names to change the order of the templates in the table list.
- The File Name box shows the name of the selected analysis template.
- Select OK. The template is then loaded into a new Visual Analysis window.