Opening Visual Analysis in JDashboard
If your Logi Report Server enables Visual Analysis, you can access Visual Analysis directly from JDashboard without having to switch to the resource tree in the Server Console. JDashboard loads Visual Analysis as a tab with full functionality for you to perform data analysis with. This topic describes how you can open a new Visual Analysis or an analysis template in JDashboard.
This topic contains the following sections:
You can use several ways to access Visual Analysis:
- On the dashboard title bar, leave the mouse pointer on the + button beside the rightmost tab for one second until JDashboard displays a drop-down menu, then select Analysis from the menu.
- On the toolbar, select the New button and then select Analysis.
- On the toolbar, select the Options button and then select New > Analysis.
- In JDashboard, select the Open button on the toolbar, or select the Options button and then select Open from the option list. JDashboard displays the Open Document dialog box.
- Browse to the desired folder, select the analysis template you want to open and then select OK. Or simply double-click the analysis template to open it.
- Select the Show Resources button on the toolbar. JDashboard displays the Resources panel.
- Expand the Reports node.
- Browse to the target analysis template with .va as the suffix and drag it to the editing area.
JDashboard loads Visual Analysis in a new dashboard tab and displays the selected analysis template.
- In New Tab
Loads the specified analysis template in Visual Analysis in a new dashboard tab.
- In New Window
Loads the specified analysis template in Visual Analysis in a new web browser window.
JDashboard saves the changes that you made on the analysis template in Visual Analysis to the server resource tree. However, the changes does not affect the analysis template that you inserted as a component in a dashboard.