Track 3: Creating and Analyzing Ad Hoc Reports
Logi Report features a powerful ad hoc reporting capability, which enables end users and business analysts to create ad hoc reports using predefined business views in the Server-powered runtime environment, and analyze the report data in Web Report Studio and Page Report Studio. Data analysis is a process of evaluating data using analytical/logical reasoning. Business views greatly enhance your ability to discover useful information, draw conclusions, and support the decision making process.
There are two types of ad hoc reports in Logi Report: Web Report and Page Report. When creating web reports, you can choose from the following two ways: quick start way and traditional way.
- In the quick start way, you can create a table report quickly based on the data fields that you select in a business view.
- In the traditional way, you create reports using the Web Report Wizard , which enables creating complex reports with multiple components in a tabular style layout, and also allows you to place company logo and titles on the top of the page for more formal presentation. Using the Web Report Wizard, you can easily in a single pass create a multi-component web report, for example, a single pass through the wizard can create a tabular style report with a chart and crosstab followed by the detail information in a table.
Go through the following lessons to learn about the report types:
- Lesson 1: Creating a Web Report the Quick Start Way
- Lesson 2: Creating a Web Report Using the Wizard
- Lesson 3: Creating and Performing Data Analysis on Page Reports
A Live license for Server is required in order to perform this track. If you do not have the license, please contact your Logi Analytics account manager to obtain one first.
Select the right arrow () below to begin reading this track.