Maintain Custom Charts Using the Custom Chart CLI
Composer’s Custom Chart Command Line Interface (CLI) allows developers to create, manage, and delete custom charts without being connected to the client application. The CLI tool uses
Node.js and is installed locally via
npm. Details about the custom chart CLI can also be found in https://www.npmjs.com/package/zoomdata-chart-cli.
Before installing Composer's custom chart CLI, verify that
Node.js version 10 or later and
npm version 5.6 or later are installed on your machine.
After it is installed and configured, the custom chart CLI behaves much like any other command line tool. You can build projects, run tests, and push new visuals using
npm scripts. The custom chart CLI also supports the configuration of multimetric and group variables.
This section covers the following topics:
- Supported Custom Chart CLI Versions
- Install and Configure the Custom Chart CLI
- Create a Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Install Dependencies and Build the Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Edit the Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Push the Custom Chart to the Server Using the CLI
- Remove a Custom Chart from the Server Using the CLI
- List All Custom Charts on the Server Using the CLI
- Import a Custom Chart Using the CLI
- Custom Chart Support for Cross-Visual Links and Filters
You can also perform some maintenance tasks for custom charts using the Composer UI. See Manage Custom Charts in the UI.