Composer v6 Administration
Composer makes visual analytics easy for end users. Composer administrators are a big part of that. This docs portal will help you install, configure, maintain, and upgrade Composer.
How Do I Administer Composer?
Composer is much like any installed software in that the administrator manages the software's life-cycle. Some tasks need to be done only when you start out or want to upgrade Composer.
- Read the Composer overview.
- Install Composer.
- Configure Composer.
- Upgrade Composer to a new version.
- Manage Composer microservices.
Composer uses a packaged PostgreSQL v12 database instance to store its metadata and strongly recommends using this instance due to the specific configuration and version employed. If you would like to use another PostgreSQL instance, contact Technical Support for further guidance.
You do other tasks only as needed.
- Configure a high availability environment.
- Manage connectors and data source configurations.
- Create custom metrics and derived fields.
- Manage accounts, groups, and users.
- Manage activity logging.
- Start and stop the Composer microservices.
- Uninstall Composer.
You'll need to do some maintenance tasks at regular intervals.